Competitive Advantage have a comprehensive range of resources to help sales and marketing professionals working in the construction sector. Some are free and others have a modest charge to cover the cost of gathering the information. Many are designed to support the building product manufacturer. Below is a summary of the items:
Construction Marketing Strategy:
- Marketing in Construction
- Research Brief Template
- 10 step guide for developing effective specification strategy
- Little Book of Researching Construction Markets
Our popular toolkit series consist of a number of short datasheets. These datasheets act as handy reference guides for the construction marketer, covering the marketing tools best suited for construction markets.
- Toolkit datasheet – Providing technical support
- Toolkit datasheet – Making the most of CPD
- Toolkit datasheet – Creating a website for construction markets
- Toolkit datasheet – Using market research
- Toolkit datasheet – Choosing your communication channels
- Toolkit datasheet – Developing product specification
- Toolkit datasheet – Creating construction product case studies
- Toolkit datasheet – Developing technical product literature for construction products
Communicating with Construction Specifiers
The Construction Media Index is impartial research into traditional and digital communication channels used by UK construction industry decision makers.
The Construction Media Index 2017 aims to inform your communications strategy so that you reach your key decision makers, and achieve your marketing objectives.
- Architects Communication Channels (Published Sept’17)
- Contractors’ Communication Channels (Published Sept’17)
- Merchants’ Communication Channels (Published Sept’17)
- Housebuilders’ Communication Channels (Published Sept’17)
- Offsite Manufacturers Communication Channels (Published Sept’17)
- Cross-industry Communication Channels (Published Sept’17)
Construction Specifier Engagement
The decision to specify a product is based on many factors. Products are selected because of more than their performance or price. Creating awareness of products thereby creating ‘demand pull’ through the supply chain, and eventually sales, is a critical exercise for the product manufacturer. We provide a number of market reports to help inform your specification strategy.
- Understanding the changing dynamics of product specification
- Changes in Specifier Attitudes (Published Jan’18)
- Health & Wellbeing in Specification (Published Sept’16)
- Adoption of BIM by Architects (Published Oct’15)
- How Architects Engage with CPD (Published Sept’18)
- Creating Awareness & Relationships with CPD (Updated June’18)
- Incorporating BIM into your Specification Strategy (Published May’16)
- Understanding the Changing Dynamics of Product Specification (Published May’16)
- Becoming the Trusted Advisor (Published May’16)
- How to Guide for Market Research in the Construction Industry (Published May’16)
Construction Marketing Personas
Developing personas is a really good way of understanding your construction customer. You can use personas to develop your construction sales and marketing strategy so it is tailored to your customers challenges. Here are a series of guides introducing members of the construction Decision Making Unit, concluding with a persona template for you to complete.
- Understanding the Construction Client (Published Feb’17)
- Understanding the Public Sector Client (Published Sept’17)
- Understanding the Architect (Published April’17)
- Understanding the Interior Designer (Published May’17)
- Understanding the M&E Engineer (Published June’17)
- Understanding the Civil Engineer (Published Nov’17)
- Understanding the Quantity Surveyor (Published June’17)
- Understanding the Main Contractor (Published Sept’17
- Understanding the Specialist Contractor (Published Aug’17)
- Understanding the Facilities Manager (Published Oct’17)
- Understanding the Large Housebuilder (Published June’18)
Construction Industry Evolution
Construction is now seeing innovations and initiatives to drive change in the areas of pre-manufacture, information & technology, sustainability and new construction methods. Here are some resources to help understand how the industry is set to change.
- New Technology and Innovation in Construction (Published April’17)
- Single Chapter – Ch 1 Offsite Manufacture
- Single Chapter – Ch 2 Identification and reporting
- Single Chapter – Ch 3 Sustainability
- Single Chapter – Ch 4 Automatic Product Installation
- Single Chapter – Ch 5 Remote Monitoring
- Single Chapter – Ch 6 Augmented Reality
Construction Industry Sector Reports
We provide a number of reports that detail specific sectors in construction, considering market size, trends, key market influences, opportunities and who the decision makers and influencers are.
- UK Offsite Manufacture (Updated April’18)
- UK Healthcare (Published Oct’16)
- UK Education (Published Feb’16)
Competitive Advantage are pleased to have partnered with Hewes & Associates to offer a report with three years of forecast data for Housing, Infrastructure, Public non-Housing, Industrial, Commercial, Repair & Maintenance.
- Construction Outlook – April 2018 (Published April’18)
For a full list of resources please visit our eCommerce website: