Business strategy for the built environment
Understanding the construction industry is vital when knowing the complex relationships between buyers and decision makers.
There are a number of drivers influencing construction product selection, not just performance and appearance but external drivers, some of the more obvious are Planning, Building Regulations and Sustainability. It is important to understand the issues of importance to your construction customers. You need to know what is important to each decision maker, how this will influence their product choice and then demonstrate the value of your offering.
Why review your building product strategy?
Taking time to review your business strategy for construction markets will help you stay focused, identify any relevant training required by your team and also deliver against your business objectives.
How we can help you develop and implement a winning strategy for construction markets
Because we are constantly conducting construction market research and participating in various industry groups, we have a good understanding of what drives industry decision makers. Our team have extensive construction industry experience, meaning we are able to understand the complex marketplace, so in-turn can work with you to deliver sound business recommendations.
With your input we complete construction market research and conduct workshops to gain information that will inform your construction marketing strategy. Then working with you we create a business strategy that encompasses your end goals and look at how to implement this in practical terms. We can also provide training to your team so that they understand and can implement these strategies.
We have experience of:
- Implementing the marketing mix
- Implementing a strong specification sales strategy
- Developing new channels to market
- Incorporating sustainability into you strategy
- Developing export markets
The benefits of letting us facilitate your strategy development
- We understand of the dynamics of the Decision Making Unit and are able to draw on our extensive research to inform strategy development
- We have over 12 years’ experience of conducting construction market research, an important element to informing your strategy
- We have been researching and mapping the evolution of communication channels in the construction sector since 2008
- Chris Ashworth, founder of Competitive Advantage, is a leading authority in the development of demand through specification and has extensive knowledge of the specification process