With the end of the year approaching you are more than likely looking for a chance to catch your breath, evaluate your performance over 2012 and set your strategy for 2013. In this article I have taken the opportunity to collate a number of links I hope will help you achieve this.
- Marketing Week recently reported: “Despite concerns over marketing budgets, new research shows marketers are optimistic about 2013.” (read full article) In this article they review the inaugural marketing confidence monitor from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), the results from the first wave of the survey can be viewed here.
- Hubspot have released their 2013 Marketing Trends and Predictions Guide and their recent blog article summarises 8 marketing predictions for the coming year.
- The Content Marketing Institute have produced a similar guide, also available via Slideshare, giving the take in relation to content marketing: Social media content marketing predictions -2013 Or for an idea on what is occurring in North America why not read: 2013 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends – North America
- For a view on Mobile Marketing then take a look at the 2012 Mobile Marketing Benchmark Report, which promises to provide insights into identifying ROI boosting opportunities, keeping you competitive for 2013. View the free executive summary here.
- And of course there is our very own benchmarking report into Marketing Activity and Spend for the UK construction sector, which we recently reviewed in our article: Marketing Spend by the Construction Sector: 2011 to 2012 and beyond. This is a survey of marketing activity and spend in the construction sector for Manufacturers, Contractors, Professional Services and Suppliers (Wholesaler, Distributor, Merchant).
And if this is not enough reading for you then why not check out slideshare where a number of presentations have been uploaded with the tag: ‘predict2013‘ or ‘review2012‘.
Finally, once you have gathered your inspiration, take time to focus your mind by reading our recent blog: How to create a winning marketing strategy for 2013
Competitive Advantage Consultancy
If you would like help with tailored forecasting and research, or indeed in developing and implementing a winning strategy for 2013 then please contact us for a no-obligation proposal.
Competitive Advantage specialises in providing marketing and sales services for the construction sector. We aim to provide high quality information at an affordable cost.