Business strategy for the built environment
The construction industry has complex relationships between buyers and decision makers.
There are a number of drivers influencing product selection, not just performance and appearance but external drivers, some of the more obvious are Planning, Building Regulations and Sustainability. It is important to understand the issues of importance to your customers. You need to know what is important to each decision maker, how this will influence their product choice and then demonstrate the value of your offering.
Why review your strategy?
Taking time to review your strategy will help you stay focused, identify any relevant training required by your team and also deliver your business objectives.
With regular forecasting and research, and well thought out objectives you will be in a good position to direct and measure your progress towards your end goal.
How we can help you develop and implement a winning strategy
Because we are constantly researching the market and participating in various industry groups, we have a good understanding of what drives industry decision makers. Our team have extensive construction industry experience, meaning we are able to understand the complex marketplace, so in-turn can work with you to deliver sound business recommendations.
With your input we complete research and conduct workshops to gain information that will inform your strategy. Then working with you we create a business strategy that encompasses your end goals and look at how to implement this in practical terms. We can also provide training to your team so that they understand and can implement these strategies.
We have experience of:
- Implementing the marketing mix
- Implementing a strong specification sales strategy
- Developing new channels to market
- Incorporating sustainability into you strategy
- Developing export markets
The benefits of letting us facilitate your strategy development
- We have been researching and mapping the evolution of communication channels in the construction sector since 2008
- We understand of the dynamics of the Decision Making Unit and are able to draw on our extensive research to inform strategy development
- Our research into the Adoption of BIM gives us insight into how it is influencing the construction team
- We have over 12 years’ experience of conducting research for the construction sector, an important element to informing your strategy
- Chris Ashworth, founder of Competitive Advantage, is a leading authority in the development of demand through specification and has extensive knowledge of the specification process
“Chris is a true expert in marketing, and has an innate understanding of both specifiers and the wider conntruction supply chain. He delivers concise, relevant information in an easily accessible way, and can be relied upon to provide food for thought at any presentation he gives. I have no hesitation in recommending him as a potential supplier.”
Simon Forrester – Association Chief Executive – BPCA
“You are an outstanding business partner and I’m so glad that we have connected in this way. Robroy is an exceptional client and it is gratifying to work within an environment where professional contributions can truly lead to progress. Your role has been very important to all and I wanted to be sure that you know we are appreciative.”
Mark Bruner – J4 Communications USA
Why choose us? Read more about our credentials.
Meet the team at Competitive Advantage